northern ireland sportsbike club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to bring together all the sportsbike owners and enthusiasts in the Northern Ireland region.

Homesouthern 100 man jailed I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

southern 100 man jailed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
phantom
Head ejit
phantom

southern 100 man jailed Empty
PostSubject: southern 100 man jailed   southern 100 man jailed I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:01 am

southern 100 man jailed Guy-Martin-soutnern-100

A MAN who threw a beer can on the Southern 100 course seconds before riders were due to speed past has been jailed for nine and a half months.

Martin Lee Morris, aged 28, was involved in a drunken altercation when he threw the beer can on to the circuit during practice for last year's race.

Judge Alastair Aitken Montgomerie, who sentenced Morris to nine and a half months in jail told him: "You knew the road was closed and racing was in progress. You threw the can which, as a result, put the lives of racers and others at risk and you were clearly intoxicated. Be under no illusion Mr Morris, it was more good luck than judgement that no-one was injured or indeed killed."

The father-of-one from Castletown, Isle of Man admitted to a charge of wilfully endangering public safety, but denied intentionally throwing the can onto the circuit, arguing that he threw it at someone but missed.

Both Mr Morris and his advocate Ian Kermode pleaded to the court not to send him to prison because of the effect on his family as Morris is the main carer for his three-year-old daughter.

But Mr Montgomerie said the impact on the family should not be used as a 'get out of jail card' and that he should have thought of the consequences to his family before throwing the beer can.

The court heard also that, were it not for the bravery of another member of the public, who ran on to the Billown Course to retrieve the can, there could have been a serious accident

Back to top Go down
wes c/fergus
learner
learner
wes c/fergus

PostSubject: Re: southern 100 man jailed   southern 100 man jailed I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:53 pm

arsehole do him no harm, it would make him think twice next time
Back to top Go down
phantom
Head ejit
phantom

PostSubject: Re: southern 100 man jailed   southern 100 man jailed I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 am

yeah...need to do that over here too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: southern 100 man jailed   southern 100 man jailed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

southern 100 man jailed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
northern ireland sportsbike club :: Race Chat :: Road Racing-
Jump to: