northern ireland sportsbike club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to bring together all the sportsbike owners and enthusiasts in the Northern Ireland region.

Homechain adjuster snapped :( I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

chain adjuster snapped :(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocket
Admin
Rocket

chain adjuster snapped :( Empty
PostSubject: chain adjuster snapped :(   chain adjuster snapped :( I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Changed the sprockets over and went to give the chain adjuster a little turn and it snapped off in my hand Sad This has left me with about 2 inch of the bolt stuck in the swingarm leaving no chain adjuster.

The bolt has broke flush so looks like its gonna be a complete nightmare of a job getting it out as its prob been seized in there for 10 years.

Any advice or stud extractors welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nisportsbikeclub.com
phantom
Head ejit
phantom

PostSubject: Re: chain adjuster snapped :(   chain adjuster snapped :( I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:25 pm

good drill bits(no B&Q crap lol) and time....
drilled a three inch bolt off the ducati not
so long ago.thats why I needed the new
bolt from brian.
Back to top Go down
wes c/fergus
learner
learner
wes c/fergus

PostSubject: Re: chain adjuster snapped :(   chain adjuster snapped :( I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:23 pm

Drill and retap would be your best bet, i might have a wee set of stud extractors in work, your welcome to them, i wont be in work till monday tho, unless the weathers good tomorrow i can maybe take the bike a spin up in.
Back to top Go down
phantom
Head ejit
phantom

PostSubject: Re: chain adjuster snapped :(   chain adjuster snapped :( I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:45 am

heard the weather might be good tomorrow.....if it is ill be out an about on the bike too
Back to top Go down
Rocket
Admin
Rocket

PostSubject: Re: chain adjuster snapped :(   chain adjuster snapped :( I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Done a little mod for the adjuster without using the broken one anymore, Phantom and I were out a spin yesterday and all seems ok rocket
Back to top Go down
http://www.nisportsbikeclub.com
phantom
Head ejit
phantom

PostSubject: Re: chain adjuster snapped :(   chain adjuster snapped :( I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:16 am

was fecking freezing lol, near time for the thicker gloves to come out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chain adjuster snapped :(   chain adjuster snapped :( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

chain adjuster snapped :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
northern ireland sportsbike club :: tech and performance Chat :: Performance Chat-
Jump to: