northern ireland sportsbike club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to bring together all the sportsbike owners and enthusiasts in the Northern Ireland region.

HomeWhat R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What R1 mods

Go down 
+2
roadrunner
Rocket
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rocket
Admin
Rocket

What R1 mods - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:52 am

gonna check when I get home and order the sprocket Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nisportsbikeclub.com
coogsyrsv

coogsyrsv

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:20 am

phantom wrote:
makes a big diff...if its too much then go up one tooth at the rear
one of the front is the same in most cases as 2.5 added to the rear

if its too much, and 1 of the front is same as 2.5 up on rear, then you would be better to go down 1 on the rear, to soften it a bit! if you went up another on rear as phantom says then it would be like going down half a tooth or so lol on front, would make it worse again.
Back to top Go down
wes c/fergus
learner
learner
wes c/fergus

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:30 am

it only cost £16 so if its too much ill just stick her back to standard lol cheers guys.
sorry for hijacking your thread rocket lol
Back to top Go down
phantom
Head ejit
phantom

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:26 am

coogsyrsv wrote:
phantom wrote:
makes a big diff...if its too much then go up one tooth at the rear
one of the front is the same in most cases as 2.5 added to the rear

if its too much, and 1 of the front is same as 2.5 up on rear, then you would be better to go down 1 on the rear, to soften it a bit! if you went up another on rear as phantom says then it would be like going down half a tooth or so lol on front, would make it worse again.

meant to say one off the rear.was a typo...would be totally contradicting the second line I wrote if I meant that lol.
thats what I done with the blade, one off front an rear then used a gearing calculator like
this one I uploaded to see what speed loss there is http://www.mediafire.com/file/dv5mnky0xhs/CBR1000RR_Gearing.xls
Back to top Go down
Rocket
Admin
Rocket

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Yeah one off the rear would tame it down again a fraction. just look at the stunt boys big giant sprocket for the low grunt wheelies Wink
Back to top Go down
wes c/fergus
learner
learner
wes c/fergus

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:13 am

Haha, got my new sprocket on today, went to go a test drive, and guess what lmao. Yeah you guessed it, battery dead, tried bumping her but just gona have to wait till the morning till the battery is charged
Back to top Go down
phantom
Head ejit
phantom

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:54 am

doh Sad

def the time of year for the trickle chargers and putting batteries in the airing cupboard
Back to top Go down
wes c/fergus
learner
learner
wes c/fergus

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:23 am

Aye, i never had this problem last year cos' i rode it most of the year, but got her going just before coming to work, and took it a blast up the beltoy road, definately feels a touch sharper steed but not too sharp. I changed the rear aswell as i had 1 sitting there. Ordered white dials yesterday too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rocket
Admin
Rocket

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Good job wes, I had some bad luck doing mine last night Sad one of my chain adjusters snapped off and has left the stud inside the swingarm so my bike diff of the road until this is fixed Sad
Back to top Go down
wes c/fergus
learner
learner
wes c/fergus

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 7:34 pm

that happened to me when i 1st got my bike, then i went on holiday with my wife and left the bike with a turner out of work to sort it out, came back to find he broke tap in the swingarm. ended up i bought a 2nd hand swingarm cheap enough and got the bearings done and had it sprayed black and replaced. it was a pain in the arse to come back to after being stuck in cyprus with the ash cloud
Back to top Go down
phantom
Head ejit
phantom

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:22 pm

did you get the glowing gauges?
I put them on a gixer...were well trick looking
Back to top Go down
wes c/fergus
learner
learner
wes c/fergus

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:16 pm

Yeah got the gauges, and have red led lights in behind them and painted the needles red too, put it all back together, but forgot to check the dials were back to zero, the rev counter isnt lol so have to strip her down again lol. Ill try get a couple of pics 2nite or 2moro
Back to top Go down
phantom
Head ejit
phantom

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:48 am

Back to top Go down
wes c/fergus
learner
learner
wes c/fergus

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:03 am

I got mine off of lockwood, i couldnt find anywhere else online, from typing it into google just. Ive got a pic just have to try and get it on the laptop lol

What R1 mods - Page 2 13186710

havent sorted the rev counter back to zero yet lol
Back to top Go down
Rocket
Admin
Rocket

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Looks brilliant Wes mate, well done on your modding Smile
Back to top Go down
phantom
Head ejit
phantom

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:17 am

sweet mod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What R1 mods   What R1 mods - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What R1 mods
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
northern ireland sportsbike club :: tech and performance Chat :: Performance Chat-
Jump to: